November 30, 2001
- Only the weak have a need for force.
- November 29, 2001
- The best thing you can do for a friend is ask them for help. Sounds odd, but
self reliance is selfish and cooperation and collaboration builds achievement and
doing is as much of life as having "done".
- November 28, 2001
- Cultural and religious encumbrances may be far more of an affliction on a society
than a blessing. Arab and Islamic restrictions on women come to mind, but be aware
that the Roman Catholic Church treats women with less than equality.
- November 27, 2001
- Over the past two centuries people came from Europe and around the world to North
America to find a better life for themselves, let us not lose sight of their goal.
- November 26, 2001
- Through out our lives every individual is under constant pressure externally
and internally to conform, fit in, be like others yet success, sustained personal
development and achievement depend entirely upon considering things in a innovative
way and latching onto the novel and unique.
- November 25, 2001
- Good luck, bad luck, no luck at all. Luck is not a reality, whenever there is
a pattern in events that does not appear to be based on random chance there will
be a hidden factor. Luck is just an excuse for the unexplained.
- November 24, 2001
- If you think low gasoline prices are a good thing, think again, this dramatic
low of $18/barrel indicates a serious lack of demand and tells us the world economy
is well into big trouble.
- November 23, 2001
- Contrary to popular belief, time and space are not finite as a place can fill
up your lifetime as can the experience of perhaps only a few minutes.
- November 22, 2001
- When you encounter an angry aggressive dog or a police officer restrain all body
movement, particularly the hands which should be kept motionless. They will view
your inaction as non-threatening and will be less likely to attack.
- November 21, 2001
- Why are there people painting the windows black on our world?
- November 20, 2001
- Nothing seems more repugnant than the preaching and rhetoric of "goodness"
and the practice of ignoring those principles in actual conduct.
- November 19, 2001
- Only 400 shopping days until Christmas 2002.
- November 18, 2001
- Not since the late 1920s have we seen such an amazing push by the forces of totalitarianism
to assert power and control over all humanity.
- November 17, 2001
- Music speaks to the soul, if you don't have music in your life, get some.
- November 16, 2001
- Life is really about rules, who makes them and who follows them.
- November 15, 2001
- Mac users, time to download iTunes 2.0
with its graphic equaliser. Initial problems with the install have been solved, this
is a great application.
- November 14, 2001
- The test that determines the worth of an art form, be it a painting, a song a
book. The ultimate test is that of time. Good stuff lasts and is fresh years and
decades later. Will anyone ever whistle a Britney Spears song fifty years from now?
- November 13, 2001
- Everything has a cultural component and always carries with it presupposed socioeconomic
and political underpinnings. Bill Gates and his company's products are American and
include ideological fabric.
- November 12, 2001
- Q. Where do airplanes crash?
A. Mostly around New York.
- November 11, 2001
- Paragraphs, best thing, better than sentences and more powerful than punctuation.
Change the idea even just a bit, start a new paragraph.
- November 10, 2001
- You can lose your temper, lose your patients, even feel that you have lost hope
but never not ever must you allow yourself the inhumanity of losing your sense of
- November 9, 2001
- The toughest part of each day of our lives is not doing or doing what needs to
be done, it is deciding what needs to be or does not need to be done.
- November 8, 2001
- To really get a completely stupid decision made you definitely need a committee.
- November 7, 2001
- Change is heralded not by the first occurrence of some phenomena but by the repeat
of it so that it is identified as a consistent occurrence
- November 6, 2001
- "lead me not into temptation" the phrase presupposes that much of the
time we have a choice between a proper and improper decision. What is surprising
is that we go to such lengths to present arguments to ourselves and others as to
why we made the improper decision.
- November 5, 2001
- Conformity is the curse of democracy, conformity is the curse of autocracy and
conformity is a curse to an innovative society. Now you know all there is to know
- November 4, 2001
- Though we glory in our individual uniqueness we also accentuate and demand amazing
uniformity being as a society little able to cope with even minor eccentricities
- November 2, 2001
- Seniors do not drive slow for safety reasons, but because it doesn't matter when
they arrive at their destination, time is irrelevant.
- November 1, 2001
- Time for LCD flat screens, if you are looking at a new system or have a tired
monitor, time to move up and away from the glass radiators we have been using for
the past twenty years.
- October 31, 2001
- The most important thing I have learned in more than half a century of living
is that "I" am far less important than I think I am.
- October 30, 2001
- If you are in the middle of something or at least you think you are, its a good
idea to look around for the "edge" that will give you a clue about your
- October 29, 2001
- New season of Ali McBeal starts tonight.
- October 28, 2001
- This may come as shock to you but it is true, most things break.
- October 27, 2001
- So how far is it from where you are right now to the horizon? On the flat lands
of North America or at sea, about 35 miles.
- October 26, 2001
- If you want to feel better about all things you need to start within yourself
and polish off some dreams and positive attitude. Your optimism will grow from your
own good thoughts.
- October 25, 2001
- Of all the various fields of medical research I think the most benefit would
come from improved understanding of nutrition. There is to much fad and not enough
fact around and what we eat seems to be the core of our existence.
- October 24, 2001
- Things are not always what they seem, front page news in Tisdale's local paper
is the opening of a student lounge in Arborfield. Is that really the top story of
the day or is there a hidden message?
- October 23, 2001
- For those of you who haven't discovered this yet, taking a break will add more
efficiency and let you get more done than plugging away at a project.
- October 22, 2001
- This is Library Week, time to go over to your library and check the place out,
all week long libraries have special projects, here in Tisdale Ed Whillet will be
- October 21, 2001
- There seems to be some implicit belief that common sense is common to all when
in fact every circumstance is weighed and considered from the perspective of the
individuals responsibly involved.
- October 20, 2001
- Pride, the concept was always given heavy negative waves in the little Protestant
Church that was so much a part of my early life but as the years have gone by I have
discovered that feeling good about your accomplishments and heritage, though definitely
prideful ,are among the most positive things you can have.
- October 19, 2001
- There is a vital need in every organisation and every working relationship for
a balance between harmony and conflict. Without both of these little will ever be
- October 18, 2001
- We are undeniably biological entities but always at every level of life grasping
for an intangible reality that might help us make sense of what we see and sense
- October 17, 2001
- With these ridiculous post office scares it is about time we realised how antique
and quaint the postal service is serving advertising almost exclusively. As of now
send e-mail or fax, NO MORE PAPER.
- October 16, 2001
- Ignorance is actually a form of bliss and with the hysteria on television and
radio lately, I recommend a large dose of ignorance. Cut yourself off from CNN for
five days and see if you feel better.
- October 15, 2001
- You have no tool at your disposal as powerful and flexible as your power of concentration.
Hone this skill, master your ability to focus your mind on a single problem or issue
and you will be surprised at the power you have.
- October 14, 2001
- I used to make fun of him but he was right, if you want to draw a straight line
do what Billy did, use a ruler.
- October 13, 2001
- Though experience is a nice cushion to help us along, we all just live each day
- October 12. 2001
- A surprising number of people fail to realise the importance of establishing
and passing on their family heritage to their children and grand children. Studies
are now showing that the foundation a person has in who they are contributes in a
major way to the stability of that person's life.
- October 11, 2001
- In these times of rhetoric and news of war we must not lose sight of the principles
on which our representational constitutional monarchy form of government was established.
Canada's heritage is based on the lessons of the Magna Carta and the ages of practical
experience from the Tutors to William Pitt.
- October 10, 2001
- One should be concerned about a culture that cherishes old buildings and furniture
and discards old people
- October 9, 2001
- Blessed is he that doth wander around for sooner or later he will return.
- October 8, 2001
- Sometimes you have to stand close to the edge to get some perspective.
- October 7, 2001
"Praise God from whom all blessings flow,
Praise him all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Amen"
Thomas Ken 1637-1711
- October 6, 2001
- If there are things in your live over which you have no power to change then
get to work and develop a plan as to how you can adapt your life to take advantage
of your situation.
- October 5, 2001
- Thanks giving and pumpkin pie, yes! $2.49 at Zoerb's bakery.
- October 4, 2001
- When a huge jet airliner arrives or departs it leaves behind it powerful horizontal
vortex winds from its wing tips that can crash a light aircraft. This is caused "wake
turbulence", the whole world is now suffering from an emotional "wake turbulence"
- October 3, 2001
- Farmers solve your economic problems, take over all the other farms, all of them,
borrow money to do it, mismanage your business and lay off as many workers as you
can, then do a bad job of farming, claim your losses are caused by international
problems and get the tax payers of Canada to hand out millions to reward your stupidity,
it worked for Air Canada.
- October 2, 2001
- At the present value of Air Canada stock the whole airline could be purchases
for $450 million so we should recommend the Government hang on to its hand out and
buy the damn thing instead.
- October 1, 2001
- With Yom Kippur (day of atonement) behind us and thanks giving next weekend it
is time to raise our minds and spirits toward matters of more essential substance.
September 30, 2001
- Now that you use the Internet on a daily basis and are finding new things you
can do with it almost every day, isn't it odd that so many people choose not to expose
themselves to the biggest technological change since the invention of the transistor?
- September 29, 2001
- Add cheddar cheese powder to your scalloped potatoes for a special gourmet flavour.
- September 28, 2001
- With such short lives and short memories it is a pity there aren't ghosts who
might remind us from time to time of the lesson's humanity has learned and now forgotten.
- September 27, 2001
- Since May of 98 you have seen us using digital photography on this web site.
Take a look at getting yourself a digital camera, they are simple to use and produce
outstanding results. For more info contact
- September 26, 2001
- As the new television season kicks in we can see that all three Canadian networks
are investing more in content and some of it looks pretty good.
- September 25, 2001
- Modern electrical devices are remarkably durable, if you have an appliance that
suddenly quits working look for the "reset" button.
- September 24, 2001
- When you consider how helpless we all feel sometimes as individuals, think about
the power of nineteen terrorists who in a few minutes may have pushed the world's
economy into a recession.
- September 23, 2001
- If I ever bump into that Geni and he offers three wishes number one wish will
be, give me a young body and an old mind.
- September 22. 2001
- Check out the "news
sources" page with finder for all world news papers.
- September 21, 2001
- Tomorrow it will be official fall as the sun's path will have moved to the other
side of the equator with each day successively shorter until late December when it
will be time for it to start heading back our way. Location, location, location,
it is everything.
- September 20, 2001
- The more things change the more things are the same, click on the weather log, and you will see how remarkably similar today's
weather is to the past two years.
- September 19, 2001
- Got a rattle in your vehicle, fix it or get it fixed, rattle becomes rattles
and soon your attitude will degrade toward the machine and its maintenance and upkeep
will decline decreasing its value and reliability.
- September 18, 2001
- No amount of security can protect anyone or any country from an assailant who
is willing to die for his or her cause the only defense is to eradicate the cause.
- September 17, 2001
- If you only do what you already know then that is all you ever can do.
- September 16, 2001
- It is hope that drives each of us forward, the expectation that things will get
better, and because of hope we are able to enjoy the blessings that do indeed come
to meet us as time passes.
- September 15, 2001
- Please good friends, search not for rational sensible reasons to things that
happen but rather focus on how you can successfully live with new and changing circumstances.
- September 14, 2001
- Talk about your feelings and your emotions as we all try to come to terms with
the September 11th tragedy, by discussing your feelings you will better define where
you are emotionally and improve the healing process.
- September 13, 2001
- Buy, odd I realise to recommend investment but there will be some excellent stock
bargains today and tomorrow.
- September 12, 2001
- In world history time will count up until yesterday and be identified after yesterday.
There is no parallel in history for an act such as that in peace, ever.
- September 11, 2001
- There are times when I am ashamed to be a member of the human race.
- September 10, 2001
- Though fuel prices are generally very high (83.9¢) watch for some exceptions:
PetroCanada in Rosetown a gas bar East of Chaplin both at 79.9¢ while it is
still 76.9¢ in Tisdale and less in Melville.
- September 7, 2001
- The geese bunching up, the leaves turning colour, all signs of an early fall,
but not likely, more plausible, a prolonged cool period that will seem to last a
remorseless time, a long dreary dry fall, that's what I am predicting.
- September 6, 2001
- With a melt down in the computer/technology sector there is a serious danger
of internal collapse to the extent that technical innovation may become something
we knew of in the past.
- September 5, 2001
- Music is so much a part of each of our lives and we rarely realise just how important
this art form is. Explore your own personal music past by downloading music that
matters to you, build up your own collection of your musical heritage.
- September 4, 2001
- Immobilised from a muscle cramp in a leg it is ironic to consider exercise intended
to improve ones health is in itself more than a pain.
- September 3, 2001
- Labour day 2001, time to abolish part time work in Saskatchewan, up the minimum
wage to $10. For chamber of commerce types who complain about reduced profits let
them get a minimum wage job and see what that's like.
- September 2, 2001
- "The best years of our lives," that's how three men now each about
fifty, describe their collage years as they remain close friends to this day.
- September 1, 2001
- Resentment, anger and frustration all seem normal responses to the price gouging
going on a fuel pumps in Saskatchewan. 83.9¢ in PA 76.9¢ Tisdale.
August 31, 2001
Would you like a USB teleconferencing web camera
for your system, FTLComm
is taking orders $35.
- August 30, 2001
- Most of the secrets we need to know lie within our consciousness, our problem
is to determine the order of what do we want to know first.
- August 29, 2001
- The path of least resistance is hardly the proper use the precious gift of life.
- August 28, 2001
- Few of us get much figured out, so save yourself some time and touch based with
some old folks, they who have had enough time to make some sense out of things.
- August 27, 2001
- The term "Fast Food" does not apply to Macdonalds as it provides neither
fast anything and its products though perhaps consumable may not be food.
- August 26, 2001
- Don't be to quick to assess something a "failure" time has a way of
bringing perspective to all things.
- August 25, 2001
- We must reevaluate our evolving methods of information technology and open a
dialogue about what is happening so that we can better understand and utilise what
has become a new reality.
- August 24, 2001
- Without exception it is imperative that we issue continuing challenges to ourselves,
always onward to new experiences and new insights to be gained, this process must
continue as long as you live, right up to the moment you draw your last breath.
- August 23. 2001
- Lesson learned: if it had been a gold medal perhaps the exuberance might have
been earned but mooning the fans from the podium after a bronze medal definitely
was justly rewarded when the 23 year old Quebec athlete had his metal taken away
for "unsportsmanlike conduct."
- August 22, 2001
- The idea that there are consequence to every act we do both impedes and adds
a measure of temperance to our behaviour but it is so important to maintain perspective
and realise how important new experience and life long learning are important to
your personal development. Without mistakes no learning can take place.
- August 21, 2001
- Coincidence, some greater than others but always disturbing, disturbing because
it makes us realise how much we are alike one another and how our uniqueness is mostly
in our beliefs and finger prints.
- August 20, 2001
- We can neither be to reverent or to trivial about what we human's do and think
about, we need to see ourselves as living thinking organisms and discard this pretense
that we are some form of ethereal spirit.
- August 19, 2001
- Assume that there are drivers out there bent on killing you, the fact that
you have the right of way in a stop or yield sign protected intersection is no assurance
what ever that traffic will pay any attention to the sign.
- August 18, 2001
- Margin: The space that you keep set aside, just in case, its true for writing
paper, car safety and just about everything else, always maintain a margin.
- August 17, 2001
- You can be a guest in your own home if that's your last name.
- August 16, 2001
- Though we can admire and relate to the natural order of life on this planet
we have come to a time when we must take the initiative and use the capabilities
we, as a species, have been given and take steps into the unknown.
- August 15, 2001
- It seemed like a good idea at the time, we have to trust our snap decisions
and at times pay for them.
- August 14, 2001
- Your body needs plenty of fluids on a hot day, you need water, water and
- August 13, 2001
- Feel a need to plant something, consider berry bushes, great flowers and
even if you don't pick them yourself the waxwings will love you and show their appreciation
on your car.
- August 12, 2001
- We have a choice, we can live like trees, gophers and rabbits or we can choose
to make use of our intellect and shape the world in which we live.
- August 11, 2001
- Decision making is the exercise of our individual free will and assertion
of our ability to make our own choices yet so much of the time we all tend to rely
on the "default" setting.
- August 10, 2001
- With over 11,000 fewer workers in Saskatchewan than a year ago its time to
stop blaming Ottawa and do something about it for ourselves.
- August 9, 2001
- Gas in Winnipeg 59.9, Tisdale 70.9.
- August 8, 2001
- "Rush Hour 2" lighthearted entertainment, fun stuff.
- August 7, 2001
- Pretending to be in the sweltering bug infected jungle then realising you
are in Winnipeg does not help, the differential is not great enough.
- August 6, 2001
- Lobsters, great animals, let them play forever in peace at the bottom of
the sea, now that we have learned what it is like to be cooked alive.
- August 5, 2001
- All things can be achieved but only one at a time.
- August 4, 2001
- Humidity sucks!
- August 3, 2001
- Hay, North eastern Saskatchewan, North western Manitoba, lots of it, time
for government to give a hand and assist with transportation to where it is needed.
- August 2, 2001
- Jumping to conclusions is the prerogative of journalists and pundits. A guy
from Tisdale hears that 80 houses in Nipawin or on the market for sale and concludes
everybody's leaving the town then he comes around a corner to discover a massive
new condominium and realises their not leaving, just relocating.
- August 1, 2001
- Have you learned something new lately, if you haven't get at it! Each of
us must set our goal to be "life long learners" it defines us as a species
and will add to your life's quality but also will add to its extent. Use it or lose
- July 31, 2001
- Roseau, French revolutionary philosopher, talked of a social contract between
the citizen and the state, our contract is in danger.
- July 30, 2001
- Superstition, urban legends, globalisation and the free market system are
all examples of widespread acceptance of myths.
- July 29, 2001
- Thunder is the shock wave created as the electrical discharge of static electricity
super heats the air to actually create a blast effect. From lightening flash to arrival
of thunder at 72º F, 10 sec. 2 miles, 15 sec. 3 miles, 20 sec. 4 miles, 25 sec.
5 1/4 miles, 30 sec. 6 1/4 miles. Sound travels at 1105 ft/second or 340 metres/second
at our altitude and 20º F.
- July 28, 2001
- Life has so many dangers, that is why in the work place we can seriously
reduce injury with active programming to reduce accidents. Saskatchewan is a dangerous
place to work because we as a society have not emphasised safety nearly enough.
- July 27, 2001
- There was once a time when all things seems to mean something, then came
the Internet and all things seemed to have dissolved into "bitland". We
are no longer sure of what is and what might be, only that we are all in this thing
together forever lost searching and attempting to reach conclusions based on "to
- July 26, 2001
- "E&H" tax stands for Education and Health, if you have no school
and no hospital isn't it fraud for a business to collect that tax in such a community.
- July 25, 2001
- You get what you pay for, you the voter demanded balanced budgets, you got
them, but you also now have the highest crime rate in the country two years running.
- July 24, 2001
- The Saskatchewan practice of driving around after a wedding honking the horn
should be known as "drive by tooting."
- July 23, 2001
- If there is a chance of rain it is a good idea to close the window in the
- July 22, 2001
- Campfire cocoa, Darlene recommends hot chocolate mix, a dash of instant decaff
and nutmeg topped with some whip or ice cream.
- July 21, 2001
- Make this world a better place encourage your children and other people's
children to play and sing music.
- July 20, 2001
- If humans could turn into werewolves then its possible werewolves could turn
into people, that would explain some politicians.
- July 19, 2001
- Statistic Canada not only informs us that Saskatchewan and its two major
cities top the list for crime and murder but it has actually increased by 4%, don't
you think it was time we did something about it.
- July 18, 2001
- Breakfast, make it a good one, because it could be the best thing you can
do to make yourself a good day.
- July 17, 200
- 1Motor running, you want to catch the news, click the window to open, get
out of the car, don't close that door until you check to see that the window opened
and you didn't just lock the doors, too late!
- July 16, 2001
- Sick today, thanks to improperly cooked or uncooked fish at Grainfields in
- July 15, 2001
- When it boils down to it, that which is important is not what happened, but
what you remember happened.
July 14, 2001
- Though it seems so simple it is not an easy task, be yourself, to yourself
and to others and your reward will be happiness.
- July 13, 2001
- On a daily, monthly or yearly basis the numbers of people executed by all
countries still practicing capital punishment are less than the numbers executed
in China, to reward China the International Olympic Commission awarded China the
- July 12, 2001
- Today is cloudy, but most of the sun's UV radiation come through the clouds,
wear sunscreen and most importantly see that your children's skin is not exposed.July
11, 2001Where you came from, the place where you went from child to adolescent
will forever determine how you see the world.
- July 10, 2001
- There is a biblical reference that says "the meek shall inherit the
earth" just to clear things up on the list of those "not meek" are:
Stockwell Day, George W. Bush, Mr. Hermmanson, Ralph Klien and Mike Harris.
- July 9, 2001
- Hot and dry this week, find a way to enjoy and make the best of it because
there is nothing you can do about it.
- July 8, 2001
- Things that may seem obvious to you are definitely not the case for others,
it is part of our role as curious living creatures to challenge what is around us
and always pursue the details that are so often taken for granted.
- July 7, 2001
- Clean water and municipal sewer systems have contributed more to public health
than the break throughs in medicine
- July 6, 2001
- They want to murder crows in Kamsack and gophers in Biggar, if these are
pests what are humans.
- July 5, 2001
- What a time to be a joke writer, it doesn't matter what you write about Stockwell
Day, its funny.
- July 4, 2001
- You know it, we all know it, our standard of living is declining, though
there are multiple causes the main one is the emphasis on self and our failure as
a society to look after each other.
- July 2, 2001
- Let's shut down Sunday shopping and give one day a week back to families.
- July 1, 2001
- If you are dissatisfied with the Canada of today, don't you think you have
a responsibility to do something about making it into the place it once was and still
- June 30, 2001
- Prince Albert gas down to 75.9¢ but that is still three cents above
last year this time.
- June 29, 2001
- Politically homeless, with Canada's political parties all seemingly lost,
few Canadians feel a part of the system and resent government and government agencies
- June 28, 2001
- Financial woes for agriculture and the Saskatchewan economic very grim, its
not a bumper crop and with everyone hanging on the edge, fingernails are breaking.
- June 27, 2001
- When seeking agricultural information on the Internet yesterday I discovered
that the agriculture sites are all either controlled or owned by agra industries.
- June 26, 2001
- In the profound wisdom of a Perry Como song "catch a falling star, put
in your pocket, save it for a rainy day" Like, what good is that going to do?
- June 25, 2001
- Even with a license doctors seem reluctant to practice medicine; "You're
getting better, if it gets worse come back."
- June 24, 2001
- If there ever was any doubt, the most important thing a person can do for
themselves in their whole life, is find the best person they can, to share that life
- June 23, 2001
- Perhaps a loud bang or pop in your kitchen heard while watching television
might be caused by those hard boiled eggs you are making going ballistic.
- June 22, 2001
- Couldn't taste it in a sandwich yet twelve hours later the garlic in the
luncheon meat is an unwanted guest of my digestive system. Looks like garlic is one
of those "Acquired" tastes.
- June 21, 2001
- Summer solstice, today the shortest period of darkness and longest period
of daylight as the sun's path reaches its highest point and each day now the time
of daylight grows shorter.
- June 20, 2001
- If John Cabot had had my cough he could have shaved off a couple of days
crossing the Atlantic just by coughing at the sails. The Doctor says I am getting
- June 19, 2001
- It is for us all to become more aware and less tolerant of the attitude "take
or be taken".
- June 18, 2001
- "Be late!" Faced with the impossible task of getting to something
on time, don't try to make up the time on the road, accept reality and be late.
- June 17, 2001
- Coughing is not a recreational activity.
- June 16, 2001
- I know I am to view this cold as a blessing sent to help me appreciate all
the other times I don't have it but it sure is hard to see it that way.
- June 15, 2001
- Is this a trend, an honourable settlement to the strike between CUPE and
SAHO, gosh I hope so.
- June 14, 2001
- A Tisdale contractor reported seeing a hearse, funeral procession followed
by a Brinks truck yesterday, prompting the starting of a rumor that you can take
it with you.
- June 13, 2001
- Our world is pretty intolerant of oddballs, to bad, because innovation and
risk taking depend upon those who see things differently.
- June 12, 2001
- Putting a monitory value on everything makes everything cheap.
- June 11, 2001
- You can change the course of history, get on the phone, use your fax, send
e-mail and advise the government what to do about this CUPE strike, you can make
- June 10, 2001
- You must know who and what you are, without self awareness you can not take
on the world.
- June 9, 2001
- With what seems like everyone hell bent on making a buck on every action
they take it is ironic that those who do things because it is "good" are
viewed with suspicion.
- June 8, 2001
- Software companies often boast about their great tech support but remember
the reason a company offers tech support is because their software needs it.
- June 7, 2001
- If you must send, or someone is sending e-mail attachments to you, the answer
and major saving in cost and prevention of trouble is PDF. Always send and demand
that anything you receive be a PDF, no virus, no damage to your system or software,
just a quality file.
- June 6, 2001
- The easiest but most painful way to live is to work yourself into a frenzy
over things over which you have no means of affecting change. You will shorten your
life and make yourself miserable, instead seek positive alternatives, for there are
- June 5, 2001
- Since when did the sole reason for human existence be to be trained to earn
big money, so they can acquire possessions?
- June 4, 2001
- As we grow in awareness we increasingly discover a need to compare ourselves
to others, what a folly, a no win situation, smarten up and accept yourself as unique.
- June 3, 2001
- Just as gossip is an indication of a society's concern over an issue the
subject nature of popular television programming must be some indicator about the
majority's perceptions of life today.
- June 2, 2001
- Epson's new 580 USB inkjet printer looks like an outstanding buy. 1440dpi
16ppm for less than $120. FTLComm!
- June 1, 2001
- Sounds like sweaters and long underwear good investments with today's announcement
of natural gas increases.
- May 31, 2001
- The world stood by as Hitler carried out the "final solution",
our Canadian forces with the UN warned of Rwanda, warning ignored, looks like just
tough luck for the women and Hindus of Afghanistan
- May 30, 2001
- So much for the reliability of weather forecasts.
- May 29, 2001
- Sixty percent chance of a visit from the Rain Gods this afternoon.
- May 28, 2001
- We as a society are in a rut, for various reasons the tendency is not to
look for alternative solutions to any problem but to go in circles or throw up out
hands and beg for help.
- May 27, 2001
- The commercial public enemy number one are those employers who offer "part-time"
- May 26, 2001
- Part of our role in a consumer society is to buy stuff so we have something
to sell at our inevitable garage sale.
- May 25, 2001
- For those of us who thought life ended at thirty, we are going to have to
readjust our thinking as we see life expectancy reach well beyond anything we had
- May 23, 2001
- Woe is me, Buffy the Vampire Slayer is no more.
- May 22, 2001
- Just think about how much energy is devoted to repairing damage, emotion,
financial, cultural and societal. The success of this repair work we call "adaptation".
- May 21, 2001
- You have lost perspective when you have lost the ability to see the humour
in your own actions.
- May 20, 2001
- Ponder not the supposed enemy, concentrate instead upon your own courage,
determination and resolution.
- May 19, 2001
- Gas prices in Tisdale 78.9¢. Folks, just park it, the price will go
down enjoy this weekend at home.
- May 18, 2001
- Our purpose in life is not to own a wheelbarrow but rather to apply it or
whatever tool to accomplish something.
- May 17, 2001
- It costs about six dollars more to fill up your car in Regina than in Tisdale
- May 16, 2001
- "I am the leader and I will lead" Stockwell Day's quote of yesterday
tells us how little that man knows about anything.
- May 15, 2001
- We as a society do what we know, its time to learn new things.
- May 14, 2001
- "Goodness and mercy" are not something you have, but something
you acquire, so that you can bless the lives of those with whom you come into contact.
- May 11, 2001
- "There are about 50 items on your menu, are you going to try and sell
me them all or will you settle for a teenburger?" She settled for the teenburger,
a record purchase at A&W only one sales pitch, this is a breakthrough.
- May 10, 2001
- Sorting out the confusion in Ottawa may exceed the value of the results.
- May 9, 2001
- The attachment of a monitory value to all things is inappropriate for us
as a life form, its time for us to wise up.
- May 8, 2001
- Wisdom, wit and work are all interesting but for pure joy and value - ice
- May 7, 2001
- Water is a necessity of life, sewage is a necessity of life but the two should
be kept far far apart.
- May 6, 2001
- Drug and alcohol abuse and addiction may be caused by cultural disassociation.
- May 5, 2001
- When it comes to making a good sauce consult a cook book. If you want a bad
sauce wing it yourself.May 4, 2001If you find yourself down in the dumps
a lot consider if there is a reason, if there isn't, see your physician, depression
is just plain sneaky and can signal other problems that are treatable.
- May 3, 2001
- Definition - Stupid leader : One who refuses to resign even though he has
- May 2, 2001
- At last we know that there is a place in this world for mediocrity, if you
are an under achiever their is always room for someone as president of the United
- May 1, 2001
- Gas prices in Tisdale remain at 68.9 while Melfort and PA are 74.9, doesn't
- April 30, 2001
- If you are going to go walking today wear something with big pockets so you
can fill them with stones, one wants to keep their feet on the ground.
- April 29, 2001
- April 28, 2001
- April 27, 2001
- Best chocolate pudding ever, replace 450ml of the two cups of 1% milk with
whipping cream with a Jell-O instant pudding mix. "YEEEEEEEEES!"
- April 26, 2001
- Royal Bank's investment subsidiary involved in insider trading, second breach
of trust in less than a year, this business can not be trusted.
- April 25, 2001
- I saw a man wearing cowboy boots today with his blue jeans tucked inside
and I can't figure out what that means, suggestions
- April 24, 2001
- Park well back from a railway crossing when waiting for a train to pass,
that way you will reduce the chances of being involved in derailment that is almost
imminent with every passing railcar.
- April 23, 2001
- Be thankful you are not a field mouse or a vole, you have made it through
the winter and now the hawks are back.
- April 22, 2001
- Ironic that a Prime Minister and President who represent less than 25% of
the people in each of their countries boast of democracy and how the Americas trade
agreement will only be available to like minded countries.
- April 21, 2001
- Cold is not a thing in itself but is the condition created by the absence
of heat just as loneliness is the absence of love.
- April 20, 2001
- There is a fear in us all that if things change, things may be even worse
than they are now, but if no direction is given change will occur on its own anyway.
Cowardliness is not a pretty thing.
- April 19, 2001
- The complexity of on going events often taxes ones ability to make sense
and discern order from confusion. The real trick is being aware enough to recognise
that you sometimes have to wait and see if a pattern will emerge.
- April 18, 2001
- Poking around will turn fragments of the past into the present and alter
- April 17, 2001
- We are not poised on some abyss of time endlessly stretching out before and
after this moment. This moment is all that there is, ahead and behind are but fragments
to be constructed.
- April 16, 2001
- Always keep in mind that it is the "practice" of medicine and rarely
the "science" of medicine.
- April 15, 2001
- The rigours of governmental regulation apply to individuals but rarely are
they enforced upon corporations. Isn't that odd?
- April 14, 2001
- Unless you want to quit using your computer do
not install software to prevent your children from getting into
naughty web sites.
- April 13, 2001
- The thing about water is that it is nice when it is spread out in crystal
or gaseous form but nasty when it forms a large liquid mass.
- April 12, 2001
- And while we are at it, aren't Regina and Saskatoon utterly to small to justify
the unwarranted expense of hospital emergency rooms.
- April 11, 2001
- "Yankee go home" US apologises for Chinese fighter attempting to
knock down surveillance plane, and who says money doesn't talk.
- April 10, 2001
- Shaving cream, is basically detergent and does and fabulous job of fixing
a soiled spot on your carpet, prevents fogging on your ski goggles and mixed with
food colour is great finger paint for kids.
- April 9, 2001
- A week ago today the front page story of the Globe and Mail was how the CBC
has embarrassed Canada in a Sunday morning interview with an actor pretending to
be Jimmy Carter. This paper holds itself up as the nation's newspaper but its reporters
and editors failed to get an April Fools joke.
- April 8, 2001
- "Don't leave home without it!" We all know about our VISA
card, American Express, and a drivers license, but most important of all,
some common sense
- April 7, 2001
- "Alpha and Omega", beginning and end, odd that we seem to see and
experience all things in this unusual format when in fact all things are a flow in
the river of time.
- April 6, 2001
- Unless you are a compulsive gambler or have more money than you know what
to do with, stay out of the stock market for a while, yesterday's rally is not a
signal for a reversal of trends, volatility will prevail.
- April 5, 2001
- All would agree that bribery is wrong? Why than is it regular business practice
for SaskTel to threaten and force dealers to sign agreements that prevent them from
voicing their concern over actions and policies of the crown corporation?
- April 4, 2001
- It looks like, one way or another hoof and mouth disease is going
change international travel just as international terrorism produced intensified
security, decontamination regimes are on their way.
- April 3, 2001
- My computer experiences no fear, no loyalty, no kinship, no regrets and no
sense. It is our emotions that make us what we are and determines what we are capable
of, but even more important what we can aspire to.
- April 2, 2001
- Come, take your thoughts, your dreams and move them beyond the here and now,
glimpse the biggest picture you can behold and it will make all other pictures fit
- April 1, 2001
- April fools day, no different from any other day, we all know how easy it
is to be a fool.
- March 31, 2001
- Parliament in Ottawa suffers from cabin fever and yesterday Saskatchewan
gets a new budget, suspended disbelief
- March 30, 2001
- Look out for "Percy's revenge" the courted ruled in favour of Monsanto
there will be widespread repercussions to this ruling including Canadian Canola being
banned in Europe, and more.
- March 29, 2001
- "nothin' aint worth nothin' but its free" (by Kris Krisstofison)
is not a true statement. In the kind of society we are evolving toward, everything,
including "nothin" is taxable and business considers charging for "nothin"
- March 28, 2001
- I am getting a very strong feeling (Wolsley/Abbott deal) that provincial
government politicians don't like anyone who does not live in Regina or Saskatoon.
(The feeling is mutual.)
- March 27, 2001
- All nurses I know are underpaid, overworked and hired part time, I wonder
why there is a nursing shortage
- March 26, 2001
- Visited Colonel, bought a chicken sandwich,... mistake.
- March 25, 2001
- There was a crow out on the front lawn this morning, this cold snap can't
- March 24, 2001
- Now that winters here time to think of a trip South.
- March 23, 2001
- Being stupid has never been considered a major impediment but perhaps it
should disqualify someone from a Federal government cabinet position. "As we
speak they burning crosses in Prince George."
- March 22, 2001
- Notice how much that determined little Preston Manning was able to do with
so little, think what you could do, had you his remarkable determination.
- March 21, 2001
- Humans are natural to this planet their behaviour and need for habitat is
as vital as any other creature that dwells here.
- March 20, 2001
- As a child each of learns never ever to cut our own hair, why is it as an
old guy we would forget a lesson like that?
- March 19, 2001
- Alberta Alliance member of parliament has assistant fake interview, everything's
- March 18, 2001
- Fruit and vegetables, sounds good to me.
- March 17, 2001
- They sing, dance and fight but there is no harm in
showing a little green on their St. Patty's day.
- March 16, 2001
- The best and most positive thing you can do to make each new day a success
is have a good breakfast.
- March 15, 2001
- William's sisters play tennis semifinals tonight on TV, a don't miss.
- March 14, 2001
- The telephone has been with us for more than a century and unfortunately
it has reached obsolescence. Got a call a day ago and a recording said that the operator
was busy and would I hold.
- March 13, 2001
- Are things as bad as they seem? Yes, more so than you can possibly imagine,
that is why it is necessary for every individual to accept their responsibility to
make this a better world.
- March 12, 2001
- Is there any hope for a world that gets upset over the destruction of some
big statures but turns a blind eye to the brutal murderous actions of that same government
(Taliban) toward its women?
- March 11, 2001
- If you had nothing and someone offered to give you ten times what you have
you still would have nothing.
- March 10, 2001
Hermits don't get colds.
- March 9, 2001
- Set backs come as a standard feature to life, happiness and success are options,
you have to decide what options you want.
- March 8, 2001
- Time for a momentary reality check, look around your present setting, point
at something you really like, tell yourself why you like and see what that tells
you about yourself and the way you are presently conducting your life.
- March 7, 2001
- If you are a pedestrian the single greatest threat to you are aggressive
- March 6, 2001
- Fish don't have shoulders.
- March 5, 2001
- When you couple the transience of awareness with the transience of reality
it seems like a simple decision just to go back to bed, your dreams may be more stable
than real life.
- March 4, 2001
- The folks at Telemiracle and those who support it are doing their best but
let's face it, most of the work of charity is a vain attempt to do the work we should
all be doing through our taxation.
- March 3, 2001
- If a chocolate cake recipe fails twice in a row Judy says "try another
- March 2, 2001
- The multiplication of technical failures at any given moment is proof of
the existence of supernatural powers.
- March 1, 2001
- An individual magnifies his potential when he or she works with others.
- February 28, 2001
- Mario deSantis is not alone in his awareness that there is a growing body
of evidence that government is acting against the will of the people. That should
not be a surprise when you realise that low voter turn out and the electoral process
produces a government that does not represent the major of the people.
- February 27, 2001
- There is more to do and see on the Internet than on small dish television
and it probably costs less, if you know a senior citizen who wants to broaden their
horizon it is not beyond them in terms of learning or availability.
- February 26, 2001
- It is not against the law in Saskatchewan to drive your car after midnight
but expect to stopped in rural Saskatchewan if you do, the RCMP will have all sorts
of excuses for their action but they know full well you will not complain even though
they have no probable cause for stopping you.
- February 25, 2001
- Its time to get started on this year's garden, that's right, get your little
starter boxes out and find a sunny place to make them seeds grow.
- February 24, 2001
- There is an up and downside to everything, just consider if you could walk
on water, then think about how unpleasant Easter would be.
- February 23, 2001
- When it comes to tires on your car, to air is human, to fill divine.
- February 22, 2001
- Seems like such a simple thing but it really is a good idea to read the label.
- February 21, 2001
- Change is the only thing we can count upon.
- February 20, 2001
- The term "get it in writing" is simply no longer valid, without
corroboration an agreement is not worth the paper it is written on. Large companies
around the corner or National, construct their contracts to serve their interests
and rarely reflect the intent or true nature of the agreement.
- February 19, 2001
- Have you ever notice how comforting it is for even rather negative things
to happen but because they are predictable and expected it sort of tells you that
things are okay. Example: President Clinton continues to be in the news for the same
- February 18, 2001
- You know you are in trouble when you start to get dandruff in your eyebrows.
- February 17, 2001
- You know that saying about biting off more than you can chew, the odd thing
about it is how hard it is to stick to and recognise, in business or otherwise, a
situation that will simply be to much to handle.
- February 16, 2001
- Try to get through a day without hurting someone's feelings, let's face it,
there is already quite enough discomfort around and it would be humane not to add
to other's burdens.
- February 15, 2001
- Nothing about computer technology is as valuable as the immediate and positive
communication capability of e-mail.
- February 14, 2001
- Giving advice is like being a postal employee, most of what you sort out
is junk mail.
- February 13, 2001
- So much of life is like duct tape, a quick fix, we hold things together for
a while but eventually without meaningful repairs collapse is a certainty.
- February 12, 2001
- Driving is not the only thing drunk people must not do, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome is not completely
caused by an expectant mother drinking but a major contributor is a heavy drinking
- February 11, 2001
- Words to live by: much of our lives relate to our mind's indulgence upon
words and phrases, poetry, songs, nursery rhymes, biblical passages, all contribute
to our internal verbal dialogue.
- February 10, 2001
- Buy a hotel in Shawinigan, with any luck you should get it for free, from
what it looks like they pay you to buy them.
- February 9, 2001
- There is no immediate end in sight, life will go on.
- February 8, 2001
- If you are in a relationship, there is nothing else in your life of as much
value and must be your top priority.
- February 7, 2001
- If you think about all the things you would do if you won the lottery take
a minute and realise how many of those things you can do right now.
- February 6, 2001
- No one can hope to be happy if the only needs they try to satisfy are their
- February 5, 2001
- Oil, smooth, slippery stuff, useful in moderate amounts but requires restraint
as it is also a major contaminant Our lives are filled with various oils, real and
imagined and everything comes down to choices. Just as more oil improves the taste
and flavour of a cake while adding dangerous calories, intellectual oils need to
be used judiciously and with care.
- February 4, 2001
- Make today, sure let some of it just happen but above all, seize the day.
- February 2, 2001
- We all need to lower our expectations, a really good baseball player can
expect to strike out seven out of every ten times at bat, that's realistic so reconsider
the pressure you are putting yourself under, if you were really good, 70% of the
time you will strike out, if you are average and most of us are average 80% strike
out rate is about right.
- February 1, 2001
- The issue of time in Saskatchewan was settled in 1966, the arising of this
issue now is nothing more than trivial pursuits.
- January 31, 2001
- Canadian courts are so willing to suppress information, it makes you wonder
what sort of mentality produces this form of oppressiveness.
- January 30, 2001
- Yesterday, today was tomorrow, consider your accomplishments and you will
realise how precious every moment is.
- January 29, 2001
- You are cleared for takeoff for this week, maintain runway heading until
you can see where you are going and make this a good week.
- January 28, 2001
- The overwhelming desire for human nature to seek and believe that solutions
to problems and questions exist leads us all to foolish acceptance of tenuous rationalisations.
- January 27, 2001
- Failure to act upon a first impression is inefficient, be willing to change
your mind but don't ignore the initial responses you might feel.
- January 26, 2001
- Frustration is not a blessing but it is a necessary and unavoidable part
- January 25, 2001
- If you own a gun and you haven't it registered and safely stored you are
just foolishly asking for trouble.
- January 24, 2001
- I hate to admit it but George Bush has placed the emphasis of his administration
on Education, he is right to do so. The greatest achievements of any US president
in the 20th century was that of Lyndon Johnson in his endeavours to better US education.
They truly need it and no society should ever think that education is anything but
it's top priority.
- January 23, 2001
- It has to be done every now and then, declare this your day and make the
best of it, for you.
- January 22, 2001
- Asking and not listening is like driving backwards, you may get there eventually
but you have really made it hard for yourself.
- January 21, 2001
- Two things make me smile every single day, the sun rising and Dilbert.
- January 20, 2001
- If it troubles you to realise that you are confused, get used to it, awareness
and wisdom create more questions than answers.
- January 19, 2001
- Robert Latimer's case is once again front page and national media headlines.
Why is this case causing such concern. Rather than chew away on the Latimer story
we should be addressing why the story concerns so many people so much.
- January 18, 2001
- Read a book, any book.
- January 15, 2001
- It troubles me that many people view the "unknown" as ominous and
foreboding. This is especially unfortunate because most things are unknown.
- January 14, 2001
- Beware of the majority, they are not always right, they just think so.
- January 13, 2001
- Attachment virus, the "I Love You" type virus continues to plague
everyone, the latest "Merry Christmas" one is making the rounds on its
own. Do not open an attachment to e-mail from someone you don't know and even be
careful with stuff from people you do know.
- January 12, 2001
- Surprises are really just things you don't know about.
- January 11, 2001
- There are times when an issue that makes the news seems trivial, but the
moment we stop being concerned about the small things that's when we are in serious
trouble. At no time is the whole greater than its parts but with out the parts there
is no comprehensive picture.
- January 10, 2001
- For reasons unknown throughout our formal schooling we are encouraged not
to guess or speculate. Big mistake, both are effective tools, check the accuracy
of your guesses and you will discover how intuitive you really are.
- January 9, 2001
- When you do laundry you are wasting time stuffing your socks inside each
other because when you want to put them on you have to unstuff them. Save yourself
time and effort, fold each pair and stack them in your sock drawer, job done.
- January 8, 2001
- There is only one month left in the semester for high school students. Now
is the time to get the assignments done, get an overview of the class content in
preparation for the finals.
- January 7, 2001
- No matter how much you have to do when it comes right down to it some things
will just have to wait.
- January 6, 2001
- Here is a tough concept to handle, when you look at something, no matter
how inspiring, you will interpret it through your perception and your mind set, if
you want to change, its not what you are looking at that you need to work on.
- January 5, 2001
- The further you go into a project or a marathon tests your common sense often
beyond reason as you have to weigh your determination with practical possibilities
In all cases the real measure is your own peace of mind.
- January 4, 2001
- In the 60s we said "don't trust anyone over thirty," then I became
thirty in the seventies and experienced a great deal of self doubt.
- January 3, 2001
- Being a know-it-all is a real burden, especially when it is so plain that
the more you know the more massive is the unknown.
- January 2, 2001
- The bonds within a family transcend all else as we are and remain a single
entity at one with each other.
- January 1, 2001
- We change the calendars today all we have ahead of us are opportunities.
- December 31, 2000
- Hard Drives, Big Hard drives, besides more memory in your computer nothing
is better than more storage. If you need either get in touch with FTLComm.
- December 30, 2000
- With it warmer today, this is a good time to go and get the salt off your
- December 28, 2000
- In a few short days the term "in this century" will have a whole
new and expanded meaning.
- December 27, 2000
- Mixed in with the merchandise that is part of the late December sell off
are regularly priced products with regular mark ups advertised as "specials".
- December 26, 2000
- The reason we look back and reflect upon the past is because no matter how
clever we are, the future is simple not available as yet for consideration.
- December 25, 2000
- Though we all are steeped in our traditions we actually are establishing
new ones each and every year.
- December 24, 2000
- Winnipeg needs a rework of its retail marketing locations. Over building
in the Polo park area has made private transport difficult and public transport non-existant.
- December 23, 2000
- Procrastination has its merits, if you do nothing, things will either get
much better or much worse, often the results will be little different than if action
- December 22, 2000
- It makes you wonder if real progress is possible in a society were people,
serious people, advocate the banning of books from study in school.
- December 21, 2000
- When all else fails get your wife to read you the instructions so she can
tell you "I told you so." You'll solve the problem and things will be right
with the world.
- December 20, 2000
- It seems advertisers and just about everyone else tells us what we "need".
Well what we "need" is heat, shelter, clean air, food and clothing, everything
else is just a frill.
- December 19, 2000
- Waltz with the wind. Mini vans and small cars will veer as they emerge from
the lea of a bluff of trees, anticipate that gust and aim into it in advance.
- December 18, 2000
- Forgotten moments, buried time, shadows of missed opportunities and roads
not taken. Be thankful you don't have to go through adolescence more than once.
- December 17, 2000
- If you are into shopping till you drop, lighten up, savour your quest and
stop now and then for a rest.
- December 16, 2000
- Vegetable prices returning to normal after cold snap in California. Lettuce
at Beeland Co-op $1.49. So put some green back in your diet.
- December 15, 2000
- Five golden rings, five speed manual stick shift, five easy pieces, Beethoven's
fifth symphony, "V", "Take Five"(Dave Bruebecker), "5 o"Clock
Jump" (Glenn Miller), "I refuse to answer that question because it may
tend to incriminate me" (fifth amendment to the US constitution)
- December 14, 2000
- Be4, there4, 4en, 4gotten, per4m, 4man, 4ward, 4get, 4d, 4ever, com4table,
de4m, e4t, go4, in4m, re4m, su4, 4um, uni4m
- December 13, 2000
- There were three wise men, three musketeers and three blind mice and three
ships came sailing, three coins in a fountain and the trinity. Moral - most people
can't count to more than three.
- December 12, 2000
- Canadian dollar loses more ground yesterday, who the hell's idea was Free
- December 11, 2000
- Not a good year for a Florida vacation. If Bush declared elected civil disorder
- December 10, 2000
- When someone gives you advise always remember the full responsibility for
you and what you do, rests with you and your decisions.
- December 9, 2000
- Once upon a time, not long ago or far away there was a country that held
an election in early November more than a month passed and still the results were
- December 8, 2000
- Americans end aid to Russia after businessman convicted of spying, Russia
air force on Arctic training and today they re-en stated the Soviet national anthem,
seems chilly to me.
- December 7, 2000
- Begging season complaint 1: I have had it with Christmas music, the next
time I want to hear Christmas music is December 20, 2001.
- December 6, 2000
- If ever proof was needed to identify the limp thinking in Ontario it took
seven deaths and more than two thousand tummy aches before officials declared their
drinking water unsafe and it has taken six months to clean it up.
- December 5, 2000
- This is the begging season. Why if things are good is there such need?
- December 4, 2000
- "Couldhavebin", "Shouldhavebin", "Wouldhavebin"
- December 2, 2000
- What do you get at A&W - Arguments. "Do you want cheese on that,
do you want fries with that, would you like a drink with that?" Five attempts
to sell you more products is normal for any order. "Will that be all?"
- December 1, 2000
- Though technology moves along we still have to take road trips.
- November 30, 2000
- What makes today worth living is looking forward to a tomorrow.
- November 29, 2000
- There is a suspicion that hockey may be a religion.
- November 28, 2000
- A house divided may not be a shelter from the storm.
- November 27, 2000
- Vote early and vote often!
- November 26, 2000
- Some marriages are made in heaven but most are homemade with the ingredients
available, success is not guaranteed but the benefits are proportional to the effort
put into the project.
- November 25, 2000
- Confession time: Have you been Christmas shopping yet? It's still not even
- November 24, 2000
- Using your computer to meet other people, interesting idea! iVisit.com.
- November 23, 2000
- Call Dataport in Melfort to sign up for SaskTel's high speed service in Tisdale
as of November 30.
- November 22, 2000
- If you are starting to wish you were a gopher (this time of year) relax only
five days til the election.
- November 21, 2000
- It is a silly case of frying pans and kettles calling one another black.
Day and Clark are wasting their time and a lot of journalist ink on the Prime Minister's
use of political pork barrelling.
- November 20, 2000
- Some people say that Monday is a time to do rather than think about what
you are going to do. I am going to have to think about that.
- November 19, 2000
- I wonder, if born again Colin Thatcher were to run in this election what
party would he choose?
- November 18, 2000
- Consumer society dilemma, should you buy or fix? Fix, the odds are in favour
of a better, though not always cheaper solution.
- November 17, 2000
- Nearly 600,000 vote in cyber referendum for "Stockwell" to change
his name to "Doris."
- November 16, 2000
- Form and function combined. Woman's tennis match, great legs. Those legs
of 19 year old Elena Dementieva went on to defeat Lindsay Davenport.
- November 15, 2000
- Watch out for the good news bad news thing. A son tells his father about
his new girlfriend, "she's not into piercing" he sighs, then the son says,
"But she kind of likes tattoos." Not only US presidential candidate have
their ups and downs.
- November 14, 2000
- What is so interesting about the US election not only is there an indecisive
victory but also an equally indecisive defeat.
- November 13, 2000
- Life is like a golf game you chase what you think is your goal around but
the real importance of the process are the people you play with.
- November 12, 2000
- Warming up your car before you drive away may simply be a waste of gas. In
most instances the positive effect in terms of preventing mechanical damage is only
realised in extremely low temperature situations.
- November 11, 2000
- If you have been out on the highway and now have a white coat on your vehicle
get that stuff washed off.
- November 10, 2000
- Not just a saying, there really is no place like home.
- November 9, 2000
- It is not so much that we want out of life as it is making the best of what
- November 8, 2000
- The American election and the CBS Survivor television show have a lot in
- November 6, 2000
- Driving in poor and especially icy conditions is really fatiguing. When you
see yourself slowing down more and more and becoming more and more apprehensive find
an approach pull over and take a break. Fifteen to twenty minutes rest and you will
be a safer driver more likely to reach your destination.
- November 5, 2000
- Disappointment is the affliction of the optimist.
- November 4, 2000
- Too busy to get everything done? Consider your priorities!
- November 2, 2000
- Vanity, it has to be one of the most dangerous and self defeating internal
operations within a person.
October 31, 2000
- RAM prices have truly declined and if you are working with a computer needing
upgrading, now would be a good time to add more memory or upgrade your hard drive
as they too are at reasonable prices.
- October 29, 2000
- Many projects cost you more in time and expense simply because you lost sight
of the original objective of the project.
- October 28, 2000
- If a bald man tells you he is having a bad hair day you know he's in trouble.
- October 26, 2000
- Nortel's value falls because of investor's unrealistic expectations, these
guys need a reality check, since when is 7 billion a disappointment?
- October 25, 2000
- Its not what is, or even what could be, its really what we think is and what
we think might be.
- October 24, 2000
- Costs less and there is less wear and tear on things than a revolution or
other insurrection, so get involved in the election it won't harm anything and it
could help you and others.
- October 23, 2000
- If you have been putting something important off, even though you know it
has to be done. Consider your skills and perhaps your shortcomings and get someone
who knows how to do the task and get them to do if for you, right.
- October 22, 2000
- Pays to read Ensign and find out what will happen as the fall election was
predicted here in the spring. May the campaign and lying begin.
- October 21, 2000
- Be it a car, a problem, or what ever, isn't it amazing how hard it is to
get started and so simple to stop.
- October 17, 2000
- Just when you think you got things figured out you have an encounter with
- October 16, 2000
- Its about time you started paying attention to politics. Your opinion and
your participation could make the difference between democracy and autocracy.
- October 15, 2000
- Even if the rest of the world has decided to go full out 24 - 7 you would
be wise to declare one day in seven yours to use in peace and leisure.
- October 14, 2000
- Just as an individual needs collaboration in life so does a family. If you
and your family are not active participants in a church community consider it because
it will add immeasurably to your lives.
- October 13, 2000
- Stock market is making steady recovery today but there are still some outstanding
bargains from yesterday's panic sell off.
- October 12, 2000
- More than half a century ago war began in the British protectorate of Palestine
when Israel declared independence in 1948. Today that conflict, never resolved, continues
to kill and maim, perhaps today's flare up will bring about the realisation that
this can not go on.
- October 11, 2000
- As if we haven't enough to worry about, yesterday it was announced that we
should be concerned about the birth control pills women may have taken more than
twenty-five years ago.
- October 10, 2000
- Listening is more cost effective then talking.
- October 9, 2000
- Pumpkin Pie!
- October 8, 2000
- Grain prices getting you down, fuel prices to high, to many bills not enough
income, go fly a kite. October is a great time to let the wind blow your thoughts
into an autumn sky.
- October 7, 2000
- Watch out, when someone tells you "everything will be okay" both
of you may be suffering from delusion.
- October 2, 2000
- October here already and there are only eighty-one shopping days until Christmas.
- October 1. 2000
- As Prime Minister, the one who suspended civil liberties in October 1970
it was easy to find something bad to say about the guy, now with perspective and
comparisons, this was the most important political leader in the country's history.
- September 28, 2000
- Surprising how we forget that financial institutions like banks are in business
to create profits, they are not a public service and consider their customers as
"suckers" to be exploited.
- September 27, 2000
- And I thought I was doing poorly in business, looks like the Wheat Pool's
$90 million loss last year makes every small business I know look pretty good.
- September 26, 2000
- Bad or limited hearing is not nearly as serious a problem as bad, inarticulate
and poor speaking habits. Turn toward the person you are speaking to, don't cover
your mouth with your hand or mustache and speak clearly, not loudly.
- September 25, 2000
- Disheartening discussions about drug abuse casts suspicion and cloud over
the whole Olympic movement, not just the Sydney 2000 event.
- September 24, 2000
- Next time you see a Canada goose or a flock of them you can call them by
their Cree name - "Niska".
- September 23, 2000
- If you still have your Sask Wheat Pool shares hang on to them as worthless
as they are they can only go up in value.
- February 24, 2000
- Not a good day to wash your car.
- February 23, 2000
- It will cost you less in concern and sorrow if you
reduce the amount of valuing you do. Things very often are neither good or bad but
- February 22, 2000
- Want to hold a microscopic fireworks, put a CD you
don't like on a saucer, put it in your microwave and zap it, no damage will occur
to the microwave but the CD's surface will vapourise gloriously. (This may be called
the Manolow affect)
- February 21, 2000
- Get outside!
- February 20, 2000
- Spice up your can of beans with a couple of table spoons
of molasses and some fake bacon bits before you warm them up in the microwave.
- February 19, 2000
- Keep track of the frequency that you are checking to
see either your watch or a clock on the wall and that will tell you if you need to
ease up a bit.
- February 18, 2000
- Shell station gas is 5 cents less then everyone else
- February 17, 2000
- Check out http://www.apple.com to
see the new Powerbook and iBook.
- February 16, 2000
- Saskatoon police give the phrase "let's take a
ride" a whole new meaning.
- February 15, 2000
- Most every day of the week is set aside or earmarked
for something but not Tuesday, cherish Tuesday, celebrate it, on Tuesday you can
do what ever you want with it.
- February 14, 2000
- Until the people in Ontario learn the proper pronunciation
of the word "coyote" they should be treated like foreigners.
- February 13, 2000
- Dogs are smarter then people as proof check to see
if any dogs keep pets and have to look after them.
- February 12, 2000
- Helplessness is a direct result of attempting to function
- February 11, 2000
- Power comes from the effective collaboration of many.
- February 10, 2000
- The service denial attacks of the last few days on
the Internet are unlikely to stop so expect slow downs in traffic.
- February 9, 2000
- We will be experiencing some weather instability over
the next two weeks so check for possible storms before heading off on any trips.
- February 8, 2000
- Not only were we all once children so were our parents.
- February 7, 2000
- People are designed to work with one another, you are
actually doing a person a favour when you ask someone for help.
- February 6, 2000
- The key to successful automotive travel is make frequent
stops. What you loose in time will be more than made up for in safety and comfort.
- February 5, 2000
- Back it up, yeah, you have heard that one before but
take that important stuff and make sure you have a second copy best on another drive
but even in another directory is better then no back up at all. Accidents happen!
- February 4, 2000
- Support the Air Cadets pancake breakfast Saturday morning.
- February 3, 2000
- In the preferences of your web browser turn off the
cookies. It has been confirmed, someone is watching.
- February 2, 2000
- In a democracy we do not need "leaders" we
need to accept our own personal responsibilities.
- February 1, 2000
- Those destine to see the world in "absolutes"
are destine to be disappointed.
- January 31, 2000
- A unicycle is pretty difficult to use and mostly useless,
each wheel on a bicycle has its tasks but working with the other produces efficiency
and purpose. Marriage is like that.
- January 30, 2000
- Watch out for any argument that claims that some factor
is "obvious" with out qualifying, "obvious to whom". Claiming
something to be "obvious" is sloppy thinking.
- January 29, 2000
- "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single
goes the old proverb but also consider that with each step you are one step closer
to where you think you want to go.
- January 28, 2000
- Isn't it utterly fascinating to see an attempt to combine
political forces resulting in extreme fractionating of those intended to be united.
- January 27, 2000
- If you won the lottery think of the things you could
do, then realise how many of those same things you can do without winning the lottery.
- January 26, 2000
- Limit the numbers of applications you use on your computer, it is better
to master one programme than fumble around with several.
- January 25, 2000
- Still thou art blest, compar'd wi' me!
The present only toucheth thee,
But och! I backward cast my e'e,
On prospects drear!
An' forward, tho' I canna see.
I guess an" fear!
- January 24, 2000
- Best burger in P.A. are those made at Burger Baron.
$4.50 or so for a double that will drip all over your shirt and pants.
- January 23, 2000
- Truth is just an opinion held by the majority.
- January 22, 2000
- Were we to effectively harness the mathematical principles
used in creating bills in a restaurants we could eliminate poverty and cure the common
- January 21, 2000
- If some one really does you wrong don't bother adding
them to your grudge list, just totally forget them, no name, no memory, instant mental
- January 20, 2000
- Action should be taken at the first sign of trouble,
right? So, what are we waiting for with health care?
- January 19, 2000
- Is there anything that is completely harmless?
- January 18, 2000
- Farm crisis solved as Western grain farmers declare
themselves as affiliates of the National Hockey League. (they are known as
- January 17, 2000
- What we do seems so much to determine what we are.
If you are just starting out, think about that, consider what you are and choose
work that fits.
- January 16, 2000
- When you think about your life, do you spend more time
making friends or making enemies?
- January 15, 2000
- What kind of a society are we in when a city hospital
(Battleford) closes its ICU for a holiday?
- January 14, 2000
- Do you still think federalism is a good idea?
- January 13, 2000
- If you think that should you be injured at work you
will be covered by workers compensation, you are wrong. A minor injury will be looked
after but anything major will simply join the 800 or so waiting on appeal.
- January 12, 2000
- Be kind to those people you greet today, do not say,
"Is it cold enough for yeah?"
- January 11, 2000
- One good thing about this time of the year, little
need for insect repellent
- January 10, 2000
- Disappointments are not the result of the actions
of others, but are your own creation and as such you must learn to accept those things
over which you have no control.
- January 9, 2000
- RecPlex Concession's Nachos are to be "Avoided"
they serve them with just enough cheese to colour the bottom of the little corner
- January 8, 2000
- Can you think of a single time ever where your impatience
has been useful and added to the speed and efficiency of a process?
- January 7, 2000
- You could have done this yesterday, or leave it til
tomorrow but why not take a minute to call someone and see how they are. So often
the only time we call is when we want something. Share yourself, it is the most valuable
commodity there is.
- January 6, 2000
- It seems like this is the flu season. There are two
things that you can do, become a hermit or have an orange or half grapefruit each
morning with breakfast. You might still get the flu but the vitamin "C"
from citrus will improve your ability to fight the infection.
- January 5, 2000
- My old video camera twitches, it is turned off, but
it's sensors are alive and involuntarily figuring out focal lengths, even with the
lens cap on, then again maybe its dreaming.
- January 4, 2000
- Do not be afraid of conflict and disagreement, without
them it is doubtful if meaningful development can take place, but above all stick
to the issues and keep personalities out of things.
- January 3, 2000
- If you have a friend who has taken this new year as
an opportunity to quit smoking, offer them encouragement, smoking is an addition
and one of the most difficult to overcome.
- January 2, 2000
- Don't wait til July to take down those Christmas lights.
- January 1, 2000
- When a problem is big it requires a big solution the
Y2K bug is such a lesson, let us learn from this costly experience.
- December 31, 1999
- We, the human species, have survived the 20th century, it was close but we
made it. It is time to celebrate a clean fresh page in history.
- December 30, 1999
- If you intend to phone someone your new year's greeting do so before midnight
tomorrow night because phone lines will be jammed.
- December 29, 1999
- Lindy Thorsen's 1:00PM CBC radio phone in show today deals with the most
important women of this century. (540 am)
- November 30, 1999
- Since forms of conflict are an important part of life we all need to brush
up on our "fair fighting" skills.
- November 29, 1999
- Skill and creativity outweigh hardware and software 10 - 1.
- November 28, 1999
- When you start to talk about yourself in the third person it is time to shut
- November 27, 1999
- Is there any positive result from using speed of movement as a working tool?
- November 26, 1999
- Ricky Martin fans get ready, he has a special on CBS tonight at 8:00.
- November 25, 1999
- If you are working on a problem you should explain it to somebody. It won't
help them much but in order to explain it you will have to much better define the
issues and a solution might evolve without the listener responding.
- November 24, 1999
- Because of the altered flow of the jet stream (parallel rather then diagonal
across Western Canada) expect to see moderated late fall and early winter conditions
for at least two more weeks.
- November 23, 1999
- Hard drive space and closets have precisely the same problems both are never
big enough, no matter how large and no matter how big they are they tend to fill
up exponentially to their size.
- November 22, 1999
- Numbers and dates don't matter much, Christ was actually born in October
and because of calendar errors about 0006.
- November 21, 1999
- No matter how apparently simple a task might be, if it is one to be performed
on a computer, what you know and what you don't know really matters.
- November 20, 1999
- Y2K checklist, it is prudent and responsible to check over things and see
how you would handle things if we have a power outage for a couple of days in early
- November 19, 1999
- Were there to be an inquiry into "UnCanadian Activities"
the first witness to be called would be Ralph Klien.
The first question would be, "Mr. Klien are you, or have you ever been a member
of the Republican party."
His answer "I refuse to answer that question as it may tend to incriminate me."
- November 18, 1999
- Taco salad at the Beeland Coop cafe, $4.99 an outstanding
- November 17, 1999
- Keep up to date on the Pasquia senior hockey league
by visiting their web
- November 16, 1999
- If you buy a new computer today it is immediately obsolete
but will do what it was designed to do for about two years after which it should
be replaced. (PC cycle is 3 years iMacs 5 years because of 6 month software upgrades)
- November 15, 1999
- They are stirring the street again West of the Saan
store, after all it has been five months since it was last dug up.
- November 14, 1999
- Hockey, minor, "AAA" or senior is the best show in town and the
- November 13, 1999
- The wider the influence of American culture and values the further civilisation
sinks into the confusion of a new "Dark ages" for the Americans are the
Barbarians of this era.
- November 12, 1999
- As centuries go, though there were higher numbers of casualties, the 20th
had far fewer conflicts that the 19th.
- November 11, 1999
- Do not neglect the present when your thoughts focus on that which was or
- November 10, 1999
- I know its not a perfect world but is it absolutely necessary that almost
all fast food really is Fast Fat.
- November 9, 1999
- You don't need to be the first in your neighbourhood to turn on your Christmas
lights if you know why.
- November 8, 1999
- If you are MLA or MP seriously think over the superior
court judge ruling in Quebec Friday as it relates to the Air Canada take over and
understand the importance of writing good legislation and the power it will have.
- November 6, 1999
- 333Mhz iMac computers, ideal for family and students
$1,399 from FTLComm.
- November 5, 1999
- You don't need a bunch of baskets for one egg.
- November 4, 1999
- There are many things you can do in life but all of
them are better when you share them.
- November 3, 1999
- Studies have shown that people doing difficult work
such as being an elementary school teacher, need and appreciate encouragement.
- November 2, 1999
- People experience time like a person following a trail
in the wilderness, it is narrow some places, wider at others, some times uphill and
sometimes it tumbles downward.
- November 1, 1999
- In serious driving conditions their are two elements
you must control; your vehicle and fear. Lose either, pull off to the side.
- October 31, 1999
- Times up, put the shovel in the trunk and find your
gloves solid precipitation is on its way.
- October 30, 1999
- When you begin to doubt that there are miracles notice
that you are still around to do the doubting.
- October 29, 1999
- The only question remaining should it be a republic
or a constitutional monarchy?
- October 28, 1999
- Be you in Nipawin, Melfort or Tisdale, like Junior,
"AAA", or what ever league, hockey is the best show in town.
- October 27, 1999
- There is more likelihood of a blizzard in Hell then
the Premier and his delegation obtaining any money from the federal government for
- October 26, 1999
- Do yourself a favour, shop in your own home town, you
can pay up to 10% more for a local product and still save money.
- October 25, 1999
- Cigarette smoking is not a habit but an addiction.
So if you are hooked quit and keep on quitting the more times you quit the more likely
you are to eventually succeed - for a while.
- October 24, 1999
- All people fall into two categories those that see
trees and those that see forests, both need to understand the other.
- October 23, 1999
- If you are obese get a referral from your doctor to
see a dietitian, it won't go away on its own.
- October 22, 1999
- There are ghosts, Gail Miller is one who has been forced
to go on living thirty years after she died, may the trial in Yorkton finally allow
her to rest in peace.
- October 21, 1999
- Imagine the misery in life for those who seek and demand
- October 20, 1999
- 0600 to 0900 every morning listen to Sheila Coles on
CBC and catch Kevin Sylvester's sports report at 5 minutes before each hour, best
- October 19, 1999
- Good music is music that lasts.
- October 18, 1999
- Successful people, successful companies, successful
organisms of every kind have one thing in common, adaptability to changing conditions.
- October 17, 1999
- Not original but good advice anyway, "If winter
comes, can spring be far behind." (Robert Browning)
- October 16, 1999
- The war between nation states and business and investment
interests is in full swing and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
- October 15, 1999
- Inflation stands at 2.6% today as oil companies increase
their profit margins.
- October 14, 1999
- No shorts after Labour Day and no Christmas lights
before December 1.
- October 13, 1999
- Not a good time to go to Pakistan for a vacation.
- October 12, 1999
- Tidiness if over rated.
- October 11, 1999
- Let us give thanks for the blessings of this past year.
- October 10, 1999
- We are a language based species, reality is based on
the words we have to describe our perceptions.
- October 9, 1999
- Leaves fall off trees in the fall, there is no need
to go out and pick them off the tree.
- October 8, 1999
- Try not to be upset by broken promises, it happens
all the time.
- October 7, 1999
- "Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam"
they did and now, where are the buffalo?
- October 6, 1999
- You know the old saying that "God helps those
who help themselves" well add to that "and he really piles it on to those
who work together."
- October 5, 1999
- Let them lie where they fall, picking up fallen leaves
is a waste of time and garbage bags.
- September17, 1999
- Anybody want to buy a public opinion pole, cheap, accurate
to ah,ah, ah, well its cheap!
- September16, 1999
- When you encounter a very high level of defensive behaviour
something offensive may be occurring.
- September15, 1999
- If you have trouble tying your shoes, buy cowboy boots.
(And, you always thought they wore them for comfort and style.)
- September14, 1999
- 44% of Saskatchewan voters are planning not to vote,
don't be one of them.
- September13, 1999
- If you are one of those people who find themselves
constantly complaining, take a moment and listen to yourself. Awareness will lead
directly to humor.
- September12, 1999
- Now would be a good time to put together your survival
kit for January 1.
- September 11, 1999
- House hold items galore at Schapansky' auction today,
West on highway 3, starts at 9:00
- September10, 1999
- Who is stopping you from enjoying yourself? That's
right its you, consider setting things aside now and then and being happy.
- September 7, 1999
- The challenge is not to keep up with the way things
are changing but be aware that change has already taken place.
- September 4, 1999
- Work on main street will conclude this weekend so if
you are coming through town take another street.
- September 3, 1999
- Running a stop sign is bad form can not only hurt someone
but it could seriously mess up a nice day.
- September 2, 1999
- Get a back hoe and a dump truck and you are in business
our place is obsessed with digging holes in the ground.
- September 1, 1999
- Watson, yes Watson gas there is 63.9 while every where
else is 65.9 except Dafoe at 64.9
- August 31, 1999
- Tomorrow is the first day of the ninth month of the
ninth year of the ninth decade of the ninth century of the second millennium, so
- August 30, 1999
- Superstition is just a simple way for us to give an
excuse to random occurrences Things do not happen in threes and spilling your coffee
in the morning will not lead to a bad day.
- August 29, 1999
- When it comes to politicians do not be disappointed
with the lack of honourable conduct, unfortunately it may be almost expected of them.
- August 28, 1999
- Voters, do not let yourselves be purchased with your
- August 27, 1999
- If you're down and out lift up your head and shout:
---"I'm down and out!"
- August 26, 1999
- The premier is making a political speech today about
organ transplants, now that's unsettling..
- August 25, 1999
- Talk to people, (friend or stranger alike) its costs
you nothing and it adds so much to you experience each day.
- August 24, 1999
- Gravity doth humble us all or what goes up must come
- August 23, 1999
- As we enter into this election campaign value action
more then words.
- August 22, 1999
- There is a lot that can be said about stubbornness,
but mostly it is a waste of time.
- August 21, 1999
- Participate in this election you can make a difference.
- August 20, 1999
- A journey of a thousand miles ends with sore feet.
- August 19, 1999
- Talk is an inexpensive way of putting off "doing"
- August 18, 1999
- The lack of emotionality from malfunctioning defective
machines makes them all the more maddening.
- August 17, 1999
- If you have a camper trailer obtain extra insurance,
not from SGI, as the insurance you have is filled with loop holes to degrade the
- August 13, 1999
- Thou shalt not discharge a firearm (real or imagined)
into ones own foot.
- August 12, 1999
- Freedom, an illusion and a cruel myth perpetuated by
- August 11, 1999
- The function of a bank is to make a profit, not to
provide service to its customers.
- August 10, 1999
- Crab apple pie!
- August 9, 1999
- When it comes to politics, so much is said and so little
- August 8, 1999
- You can make all the jokes you want but nothing is
as good as good buns.
- August 7, 1999
- You can buy lots of newspapers but you can't buy "Your
- August 6, 1999
- Wait till the sun shines Nellie!
- August 5, 1999
- The first step toward recognising your own self worth
is lending a hand and helping others with no expectation of reciprocation.
- August 4, 1999
- Frozen cream pies are a dollar each at the Co-op this
- August 3, 1999
- To get that special coffee flavour add a dash of salt
to the grounds before you perk.
- August 2, 1999
- Using an alkaline battery recharger you can get five
cycles out of any set of alkaline batteries.
- August 1, 1999
- The busiest and most important location in Tisdale
in 1927 was the corner of Redrick and Main street.
- July 31, 1999
- If you love special effects see the new Star Wars movie,
if you love movies, rent one.
- July 30, 1999
- Farmers there will be no help or assistance in the
form of money or produce support. You must make survival decisions on your own with
your own resources, best of luck.
- July 29, 1999
- Memory and perception are extraordinarily fallible
in all people, it is always good to have some corroboration.
- July 28, 1999
- You know the saying about talk being cheap, it is in
error. Talk with your children is remarkably valuable, your child's intellectual
development depends on your talk.
- July 27, 1999
- The idea that what happens to us that forms our life
experience is so totally unique is for the most part a myth. We humans are far more
alike than we are different from one another.
- July 26, 1999
- If we lack vision and imagination we will seek comfort
in the past rather then the future.
- July 25, 1999
- Poor editing, bad dialogue and desperately bad taste
make "There's Something About Mary" one of the worst choices
on the video rental shelf.
- July 24, 1999
- Buy a home of your own, it is the best investment you
- July 23, 1999
- Crisis in computer retailing will affect the consumer,
low prices, no product support and disappearance of local dealers.
- July 22, 1999
- Stay out of direct sunlight, if you can't avoid it
get out the sunscreen and wear a brimmed hat. Skin cancer is a real threat.
- July 21, 1999
- What is the test for good music? Good music is music
- July 20, 1999
- If you are getting a little tense about the amount
of storage you have in your computer, I ran across what looks like an excellent solution.
A 2.2GB removable drive for $350 to $400 depending on how it is connected. Check
"Orb" on sales page.
- July 19, 1999
- Peal a banana put it in the freezer, once frozen put
it in a blender with a tray of ice cubes and two cups of water and a pealed orange
or grapefruit. Hit the switch and you will have a tasty and wholesome cooler.
- July 18, 1999
- With SaskPower provided such wonderful disruptions
lately it might be a good idea to consider alternative power supplies.
- July 17, 1999
- Just think what a problem it would have made for the
"air miles" card company if Wilbur and Orville experiment had failed.
- July 16, 1999
- You can have a lot less disappointments if you learn
to accept life and what comes to you rather then attempt to make things fit into
your desired expectations.
- July 15, 1999
- Its a matter of calculated risk. High grade electrical
surge protection is quite expensive $69 to $89 weighed against the cost of a power
supply of $200, place your bets.
- July 14, 1999
- The Premier said today that Saskatchewan people want
a holiday from politics, that simply isn't possible, everything is political.
- July 13, 1999
- Despite more rain then needed Yorkton is one of the
most active business locations in the province.
- July 12, 1999
- Accidents rarely occur the term is used to describe
events that had real and determinable causes and the politeness of language covers
up the occurrence by calling it an accident.
- July 11, 1999
- Seeking perfection is the most dangerous behaviour
a craftsman can work toward, he is doomed to failure.
- July 10, 1999
- A lot can happen in the blink of an eye, which of course
means that all of us only see what is happening when our eyes are open.
- July 9, 1999
- If you have made an annoying acquaintance, one of those
people you would like not to have bothering you, tell them you are from Toronto.
- July 8, 1999
- Avoid retail outlets who have air conditioning that
makes it uncomfortable to shop in comfort, such businesses will treat your business
with the same indifference.
- July 7, 1999
- To avoid bruised ribs make sure you have stepped onto
the floor when descending into a darkened basement.
- July 3, 1999
- When you are thirsty get a drink, seems like simple
advise but dehydration causes a lot of discomfort and is so easy to prevent.
- July 2, 1999
- The best form of entertainment involves live performance
and even a poor live performance can be better with a good audience.
- July 1, 1999
- When crossing the prairies by car or land vehicle the
Yellowhead is safer then the TransCanada.
- June 30, 1999
- Its good in hockey and football because they are contact sports but aggression
in the handling of a car or truck is definitely a bad thing.
- June 29, 1999
- If a high school student wants to win an award or a
scholarship don't wear a hat. Only one of the recipients at last night's grad was
won of the hat people.
- June 28, 1999
- "How I Spent My Summer Holidays" by W. O.
Mitchell best summer read you could find.
- June 27, 1999
- Broadcasting as we know it, is altered forever with
the advent of "backyard broadcasting"
- June 26, 1999
- Watch out for that first step, that's how thousand
mile journey's begin.
- June 25, 1999
- There are two things a wise person knows better then
to attempt, give other people advice and cut his own hair.
- June 24, 1999
- As Eben Flood knew, "most things break."
- June 23, 1999
- It is not paranoia to suspect conspiracy in all things
it is common sense, all things are closely related and complicity is to be expected.
- June 22, 1999
- The Federal government's growing lack of presence and
participation in the province suggests that perhaps we should be considering our
- June 21, 1999
- Don't try to talk a policeman out of giving you a ticket
for not wearing your seat belt if its hanging out the door.
- June 20, 1999
- You can not get a refund on a losing lottery ticket.
- June 19, 1999
- The 98-99 NHL hockey season ends tonight.
- June 18, 1999
- When making up a list of things that are not good,
include on that list, sugar soft drinks poured on to a computer motherboard.
- June 17, 1999
- Which is more appalling that NATO discovering atrocities
in Kosov, or that they stood by for so long bombing bridges and let it happen.
- June 16, 1999
- When you are teaching someone something are they a
student or an apprentice, think about that and accept the responsibility.
- June 15, 1999
- If you feel completely confident about the decisions
you make and the actions you take you are probably delusional.
- June 14, 1999
- Bliss and peace of mind are mental conditions only
for those who don't give a damn.
- June 13, 1999
- When you go to the video rental place and you are confronted
with to many choices, when in doubt pick Jackie Chan, its like going to the circus
and then some.
- June 12, 1999
- Zoerbes Bakery has fresh rum balls in their counter
display today, forty cents and a smile.
- June 11, 1999
- The reason the pace of world affairs seems to be so
slow is because today's media have us on a story well before it happens as we merely
anticipate the actual event days, sometimes weeks before.
- June 10, 1999
- If you are still weighing the importance of your career
and your relationships with spouse and family, you need to see a counsellor.
- June 9, 1999
- Wise men do not drive new cars.
- June 8, 1999
- When you are buying something new your first question
should be, "When it breaks down how is it fixed?"
- June 7, 1999
- Woe to you who live beside an overly industrious neighbour.
- June 6, 1999
- Five servings of fruit per day, cheaper then medicine
and a positive way to treat your body.
- June 5, 1999
- If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one there,
is it an ecological disaster?
- June 4, 1999
- When their still playing hockey in June, does anyone
- June 3, 1999
- What should be or could have been, are pointless concerns,
for our interests must focus on what is and how we can make things better.
- June 2, 1999
- This may come as a bit of a shock to you but humans
are a natural part of this planet's environment.
- June 1, 1999
- Don't give up on the poor old Leafs they might do better
in the next century or even the next millennium
- May 31, 1999
- As bad as the Leaf's chances a bet on them still has
way better odds then a lottery ticket.
- May 30, 1999
- May 29, 1999
- After yesterday's wind I am convinced that being partly
bald isn't as good as being bald.
- May 28, 1999
- Making mistakes is essential if learning is to take
- May 27, 1999
- Who's responsible? Dissociating blame for incidents
from individuals to machines and devices is incorrect and an abdication of responsible
- May 26, 1999
- Just as it did when you were a child, the night sky
will inspire you. Go out tonight and look at the magnificent moon and the two bight
shining planets that grace tonight's sky.
- May 25, 1999
- After two weeks of rain we are now about to face the
inevitable infestation of mosquitos.
- May 24, 1999
- Draw upon your own life and life experiences to determine
your values, this is not a matter for experts.
- May 23, 1999
- Our lives and what happens to us are not an illusion
but what television and the news media says happens is.
- May 22, 1999
- Read Ensign, today marks the end of our first year
of publications. With something new each and every day.
- May 21, 1999
- Yesterday I met two adults leisurely riding bicycles
toward me in my lane!!! If you are on a bicycle ride on the right hand side of the
- May 20, 1999
- Perhaps one should avoid Prince Albert entirely, the
prison town appears unsafe. (Day payroll inmate charged with 17 offenses in two days)
- May 19, 1999
- This is an official warned, don't trust Environment
Canada! It took them 53 minutes to issue a tornado warning after two funnel clouds
touched down West of Saskatoon yesterday.
- May 18, 1999
- If you are in Prince Albert and need a good hamburger
try out Burger Baron, about the same price but much higher quality then others, cooked
while you wait.
- May 17, 1999
- Premier Romanow is seriously considering an offer from
his friend Jean to accept a big time Ottawa governmental appointment.
- May 16, 1999
- A month ago I was complaining about how dry it was
now I have forgotten what the sun looks like, if this were a movie it would be called,
"How the Wet Was Won."
- May 15, 1999
- There are no good times or bad times, just times. We
have a short period to live and we spend far to much of that valuable time considering
if its good or bad.
- May 14, 1999
- With it raining today this will not be a problem, but
when you fire up that lawn mower make sure you are wearing pants, sturdy shoes and
something on your eyes, glasses, sunglasses or goggles. Muzzle velocity from a mower
is very high.
- May 13, 1999
- What you know is not nearly as important as what you
do with what you know.
- May 12, 1999
- It is comforting to see the Russian president fire
his premier and cabinet, it wasn't long ago that governments in Russia were not fired,
they were shot.
- May 11, 1999
- With provincial elections in New Brunswick, Ontario
and Manitoba there will be confusion of issues as national media informs us of Ontario
issues, looks like Roy will have to wait till fall.
- May 10, 1999
- Despite or belief that these are modern times we have
a very long way to go.
- May 9, 1999
- It is mother's day, make the best of it how ever you
can, a gift or gesture is nothing compared with the ability to spend part of the
day with your mother
- May 8, 1999
- Monsanto is paving the way into "nutrisuiticals"
and "functional foods" genetically enhanced foods. Clearly big business
has spotted the success of health foods and look out folks.
- May 7, 1999
- If you have several jobs to do that are similar make
take your time on that first one and you will make up time on the last repeats of
the task. Remember it takes just as long to do something wrong.
- May 6, 1999
- Most of us are trying to cut down in our fat intake,
but skim milk just doesn't have much for flavour, try adding some condensed skim
milk to it, you will be surprised.
- May 5, 1999
- Support local business no matter where you are, your
patronage will benefit you in sustained employment and a superior quality of life
for yourself as well as your neighbours.
- May 4, 1999
- There is time for you to get everything that you need to do done.
- May 3, 1999
- Tired of the endless NHL playoffs, why not "listen"
to a ball game - on 650 AM radio.
- May 2, 1999
- Its comforting to note that the two fishing stories
in the New Testament uphold the time honoured tradition of fish stories, verbal enhancement.
- May 1, 1999
- The highway between Melfort and Wakaw is hurtin', if
heavy truck traffic continues on the road at the present maintenance level, you will
have your choice of ditches to drive in.
- April 30, 1999
- Lessons learned, dropping bombs on a bad guy doesn't
make him a good guy.
- April 29, 1999
- You know you are in trouble when your dentist asks
:"did you just win the lottery?"
- April 28, 1999
- The idea was a good one, make some machines to work
for us, mechanical slaves as it were, only how come it often seems the other way
- April 27, 1999
- Its interesting to remember what happened yesterday
and encouraging to think about what might happen tomorrow but always emphasis the
benefits of concentrating on the today.
- April 26, 1999
- To much coffee or caffeine laced soft drinks is a bad
way to deal with fatigue, a thirty minute cat naps is calorie free and will do you
much more good.
- April 25, 1999
- If you have friends who smoke remember that smoking
is an addiction, not a habit so be kind and understanding and do what you can each
time your friend tries to quit. (most smokers quite 11 to 17 times before they defeat
the hold it has on them.)
- April 24, 1999
- Think positively, it costs you nothing, and look for
good things even in disappointments.
- April 23, 1999
- If you need some custom graphics work, either in colour
or black and white give me a call: 306 783 2004
- April 22, 1999
- The reason we have professional experts is because
we need them, yet lawyer/politicians think they are generals once they have decided
to enter into a military conflict.
- April 21, 1999
- "You can't have everything, where would you
keep it all?" Steven Wright
- April 20, 1999
- Never lift what you can push.
- April 19, 1999
- Forty-four light years away a star has been located
with planets leading astronomer to speculate that 95% of all the billions of stars
in our galaxy have orbiting satellites, many will be like our, so if you are out
for a walk tonight wave at the neighbours.
- April 18, 1999
- Sometimes a compromise is not the best thing that can
be done but is the only thing that can be done. Thanks to the Nurses for their compromise
and return to work.
- April 17, 1999
- You can take a politician to office but you can't make
- April 15, 1999
- If you are one of those farmers wondering if it is
worth putting in a crop this year, given low return and high input costs? Yes! All
grains will show improved steady price increases.
- April 14, 1999
- Does it matter if the Great One retires? Yes absolutely
it does, for hockey fans he is one of the family the only pro hockey player everyone
knows his dad's name.
- April 13, 1999
- Phone or fax your MLA, if he voted for or against the
legislation that produced this mess let him or her know clearly how you feel about
- April 12, 1999
- A strike is a mini war, it is fighting, each side escalates
and increases the pain it inflicts on the other. Better to avoid such things in the
first place and if they do start, end them quickly by being the first to agree rather
- April 11, 1999
- When my father and his fellow railway workers went
on strike everyone thought it was a terrible thing to tie up the country and be out
of work but I look back on the time during the strike as one of the most value experiences
in my life and the result was the forty hour week which improved life for everyone.
- April 10, 1999
- Remember when we were kids and we would use the phrase
"let's pretend", well pretending is not just for kids, if you are in a
stressful demanding role, why not "pretend" to be yourself for a while.
- April 9, 1999
- Humans have walked on Mount Everest, some have walked
on the moon, you don't have to go that far, just once around the block a day will
make you feel better.
- April 8, 1999
- Yesterday I missed eighty geese, two butterflies and
who knows what else because I didn't expect to see them. There is a lesson to be
learned in this, if you only are aware of what you expect to have happen, you are
going to miss a lot in life.
- April 7, 1999
- People who live in stone houses should not throw glasses.
- April 6, 1999
- Failure to find the place you are looking for can be
provide you with the opportunity to find what you were not looking for.
- April 5, 1999
- Getting into trouble is relatively cheap, its getting
out of trouble that costs the money.
- April 4, 1999
- You know the old saying about people unable to see
the forest for the trees. This saying has a solid basis as people frequently avoid
the obvious supposing there is some trick to discover.
- April 3, 1999
- Avoid Winnipeg this Easter they have their seasons
scrambled and with nearly a foot of fresh snow it looks far more like Christmas.
- April 2, 1999
- Do not let this day go by without considering why it
is a holiday and how this relates to you and your life. (Good Friday)
- April 1, 1999
- Gasoline prices are about to rise now to 59.9 as OPEC
has cut back production, don't worry about the fact that the oil used to make the
gas cost 33% less then today's price.
March 31, 1999
- The days when one person could rely solely upon his
own resources never existed, we are a social species, if some of us are deprived
of freedom we all are.
- March 30, 1999
- It doesn't matter if its food or activities, humans
thrive on variation and novelty. Everyone likes surprises and the unexpected. Enjoy
yourself, try something different.
- March 29, 1999
- Buy some great California navel oranges, put them in
the freezer, then on a hot summer day take one out and enjoy a frozen nutritional
treat that will freeze your brain and put a smile on your face.
- March 28, 1999
- Just as the snow melts for another year we are powerless
to alter or change this event, so is it that it looks like 1999 is a provincial and
federal election year, such things must be endured.
- March 27, 1999
- What makes a place, a good place? It's not the scenery,
the architecture, the trees and streets; it's the people. Return good for good and
help preserve a good place.
- March 26, 1999
- Mid term report cards out and parent teacher interviews
over, time for the home stretch. Skill development is often a fall thing spring is
a time to practice. Learn to do better by doing.
- March 25, 1999
- Read Ensign, yeah I realise that's a self promoting
thing but often folks just look at the pictures and don't realise the nature of the
text may be different so that combined, the text and pictures convey yet another
- March 24, 1999
- A hundred years ago the world hot spots were South
Africa and the Balkans. South Africa's trouble escalated into the Boer war and the
unification of the Balkans and associated pressure lead to world war one.
- March 23, 1999
- Our short foot soldiers who dash off to battle each
day at school have made the transition to cavalry so watch out for them. The Bikes
are on the street for another season.
- March 22, 1999
- Pay attention to the way people talk in the spring,
they tend to look ahead rather then back seems like a good idea and a pity it does
not go on all year round.
- March 21, 1999
- There is a certain savagery about a society that relies
upon replacement rather then repair.
- March 20, 1999
- Pot holes are the scourge of spring to avoid them this
year don't drive your vehicle, walk on the street or ride your bicycle. Boycott pot
holes and maybe they will go away.
- March 19, 1999
- Doctors promise in their oath to do no harm yet two
out of every five victims of bone cancer will be given poison (chemo therapy) that
will cause them to be very sick and have no positive affect on the cancer and the
courts have made the treatment mandatory.
- March 18, 1999
- This should not come as a surprise to you but I have
some very bad news. You are going to die, the facts of the matter are that life is
a fatal illness and is always terminal make the best of the days you have.
- March 17, 1999
- Saint Patrick, patron Saint of the Irish, was likely
an Englishman, tura, lura, lura.
- March 16, 1999
- Ever since we started working on video screens instead
of paper we have lost the ability to scan and review visually. Reclaim that skill
by using a large monitor or installing a second monitor. Most Macintosh and Windows
98 machines can handle more monitors.
- March 15, 1999
- So your computer system is showing its age and you
are wondering should you upgrade? No, anything other then a memory or storage upgrade
is not a good investment. If you use a Mac keep the old machine and add to your "network".
If you own a PC buy a Mac.
- March 14, 1999
- If your name is Julius Caesar don't make any plans
for after tomorrow. As has been said before "Julie don't go."
- March 13, 1999
- In six weeks time collage students will be finished
classes, their costs are rising at an enormous rate, they are fine young people and
need to earn some money so see if you can come up with some jobs for these folks.
- March 12, 1999
- Express Post! I send a parcel to Regina, mailed it
at 4:50 Monday and my customer got it delivered at 10:00 Tuesday morning. Excellent!
- March 11, 1999
- Funerals and Memorial Services are a nice touch as
we recognise the passing of a member of our society but so often we miss the opportunity
to recognise and express our affection for people before they depart. Make time to
appreciate your associates while they are still here.
- March 10, 1999
- If you give something to some one that can be a gift
or a payment, if someone takes something from you with no intention of returning
it, that is theft. The removal of money from your bank account occurs all the time
only that form of theft is called "bank fees", "charges" or "penalties".
A bandit does not have to wear a mask in order for it to be stealing what is not
- March 9, 1999
- Avoid Microsoft, if there is a viable software
alternative to a Microsoft product consider it. The company breaks the rules
that software companies agree to, so that you can only use their software. If you
use Outlook Express you can only send an attachment to someone else using
- March 8, 1999
- Women could not vote until the first war, they still
earn far less then men and seem to continue to be the victims of violence and exploitation.
We can do better then that. Today is International Woman's Day and as a society we
have a long way to go yet.
- March 7, 1999
- If you are a farmer or are interested in farm innovation
go to EdwinWallace's
site and check out his new three point hitch home
made zero tillage seeder
- March 5, 1999
- It is wrong to condemn someone for their age, Monica
Lewinsky's interview with Barbara Walters Wednesday night just revealed her to be
young. It was the man who tried to take advantage of her youth who deserves condemnation
for his behaviour.
- March 3, 1999
- Wrath, upset feelings and vengeance do not belong in
anyone in the driver's seat of a motor vehicle.
- March 2, 1999
- Got and great idea, let's build steel railed roads
from town to town, put coaches on them so we could travel around and leave the grain
trucks to themselves on the highways.
- March 1, 1999
- If healthcare were not such an issue it would not be
the lead news story almost every day. Shouldn't something be done about it?