- October 29, 2004
- Ink jet printers were invented to simulate the idea of a printer. There is little
or no evidence of their functionality as they absorb money and produce little but
- October 28, 2004
- The story about the Poppy coin has been updated.
- October 26, 2004
- We will not be posting Wednesday with a road trip, should post on Thursday.
- October 25, 2004
- The sun came out today, almost a forgotten part of the sky.
- October 23, 2004
- Hockey grabs our attention with the Trojans having home games both today and
- October 22, 2004
- It warmed up today and a lot of snow turned to water, almost like a spring run
- October 21, 2004
- Far above us, far far away is a sun, we know it's there but it has been a long
time since anyone here last saw it.
- October 20, 2004
- Snowed all day in laRonge today, just looked ugly here, I stayed inside anyway.
- October 19, 2004
- No longer autumn as I road downtown on my bike today through snow and ice, not
nice, it is winter here.
- October 18, 2004
- Explorations of new media is cutting deeply into the business of this web site,
sorry about the low level of posting.
- October 15, 2004
- Did not post yesterday. We are proud to have a story today by Mike Townsend about
one of Canada's true modern heros.
- October 13, 2004
- Road trip and expedition to Regina with a tad of pumpkin pie prevented us from
posting over an extended long weekend.
- October 8, 2004
- The pictures of the day
have been updated for September. This site will not be updated until after the long
weekend, it may not be until Wednesday.
- October 7, 2004
- Need your help! If you have images of Tisdale, its buildings and scenes in years
past Ensign would really like to have a scan of them to share with our readers.
- October 6, 2004
- Summer in October.
- October 5, 2004
- Once again other work took me away from this site. I was unable to finish the
post Sunday and then not on Monday either.
- October 3, 2004
- When we began the Ensign web site in May of 1998 we never expected to be still
doing it inOctober 2004. The original design of the site has been revamped many times
to accommodate growth and expansion, today we had break up the weather log into months
as it exceeded the HTML side of a web page. We did not post Friday and Saturday as
work was devoted to upgrading the Trojan
- September 30, 2004
- Java was once just an annoying slow programming language but it has now
become one of the dominant means of display on the web and in a wide range of applications
especially those for hand held products like music players and cell phones. Java
was used to create the swaping image on yesterday's Simonette
- September 29, 2004
- The process of updating this web site is a gradual one as each day stories and
elements are updated not all at once but as the work is done. If you click on it
and it doesn't work it just means that it is a work in progress.
- September 28, 2004
- The latest java update, 1.4.2 for the Mac is 26.4MB, you would wonder just what
the heck is all that!
- September 27, 2004
- Have to look into reorganising the earth's rotation, the days are just not long
enough to get things done.
- September 25, 2004
- Magnificient day in Tisdale, warm with very light breeze, coloured leaves everywhere.
- September 24, 2004
- Sun at last yes indeed sun at last
- September 23, 2004
- There is a constant spiral of technological advancement that can not be ignored.
Another hardware upgrade, bigger hard drive added and DVD burner.
- September 22, 2004
- Would like to know about your experience with AOL instant messenger. We
have been using a variant of it and like the ability to talk without the cost of
long distance. Tell me what you have learned
- September 21, 2004
- It will take me a while to get caught up after that week away.
- September 20, 2004
- That was a long break, a project in Winnipeg and I was unable to post during
the week I spent there.
- September 15, 2004
- Presently on a road trip to Winnipeg and have been unable to post most of this
week. Ensign should return to normal next Monday.
- September 11, 2004
- Much to do today with the Trojan camp on and the TMSS classic in progress.
- September 10, 2004
- Sure the weather's bad, but my computer has been displaying some bad behaviour
and prevented posting yesteday.
- September 9, 2004
- What a surprise! It is raining.
- September 8, 2004
- The bad news is that it will likely rain tonight and showers are expected over
the next few days, the good news is that we don't live in Florida.
- September 7, 2004
- We did not post over the long weekend. Today it looks like construction is taking
over the awareness around here.
- September 3, 2004
- Sorry we did not post yesterday but projects interferred with posting.
- September 1, 2004
- Time for something completely different.